Sunday, January 18, 2015

A new year...not so much a resolution, but a challenge!

I usually am not one for making major New Year's resolutions, let alone sharing them with an audience.  This year, however, I decided to make more of a challenge for myself than a resolution.

We love books at our house.  Nearly every room in our house has a bookshelf with some books on it and the kitchen is not an exception.  Over the years, we have collected over 100 cookbooks and while I love to look through them, I have gotten away from using them in my day-to-day cooking.  Instead, the internet and sites like pinterest have taken over as my resources for recipes.  Searching online for recipes is easy; just type in an idea or ingredient and there are a myriad of wonderful options for my quick perusal, often times with beautiful pictures and reviews. Instead of planning out meals in advance, I go online to quickly figure out what I can do with the time and ingredients I have on hand or that I can easily pick up before heading home after work.

My challenge for 2015 is to cook at least one new recipe from each cookbook I own. This is going to require me to change my habits and plan meals in advance.  But there will be so many recipes to try!  Vegetarian, vegan, low-fat, Italian, Chinese, Indian, Scandinavian, British, French, smoothies, baking, pizza...it certainly won't be boring!


No comments:

Post a Comment