Sunday, January 25, 2015

cookbook 6: pizza

We normally have pizza on Friday nights and while Annika would prefer that we get frozen pizzas, I'll admit that I like to make my own and get a little creative, especially with vegetables.  I've made a zucchini ricotta pizza, one with bacon, goat cheese and beet greens and more recently one with cabbage and corned beef (all based on recipes found online).  I know there are pepperoni & sausage pizza lovers cringing at the thought.

We do actually have a few pizza cookbooks, so my choice for this weekend came from 500 Pizzas and Flatbreads.  The "Louisiana Pizza" has a red sauce topped with chicken, red and green pepper, corn and a ricotta-chive mixture.  When I mentioned I was making a pizza from this cookbook, Jacob said it sounded good...as long as the pizza didn't have corn on it.  Maybe that was a sign.  The pizza wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything special.  There was nothing that stood out; it needed some spicy chicken or a spicy sauce to give it some real flavor.

I'll make some notes in the cookbook; it could be good, especially if there are a lot of peppers during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment